Thursday, November 22, 2007

thankfulness

i am thankful
-for little people in my life that make me laugh so hard that it hurts
-that i sit here and type with a very full stomach
-for turkey, homemade cranberry sauce, real mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, fruit salad, fresh veggie salad, pies, pies and homemade peanut butter cups! top it all off with caramel apple cider and we have a great reason to be thankful for our forefathers!
-for my husband who keeps us here in indonesia with all the paper work he has to do (and i don't)
-for tile floors, cuz they let the skitters ride in the house with a nice rhythm
-for guys who work on our house with the most simple tools ever made.
-for a safe home
-for a husband who is willing to go after and KILL the scorpions, spiders, cockroaches, ants, flies, mosquitoes, termites, and anything else that we keep finding in our house
-for forgiveness...it feels us from hanging on so tight to lies and deception
-for friends...new and old...i have been greatly blessed
-for family...it's nice to have a great support network
-paul, who can tell a story so anyone would listen
-hazel, who hugs me so tight...i don't want to let go
-gavin, who's mind is so creative and colorful...it's fun to watch
-for a God who puts me here...to struggle with things i wouldn't struggle with, if i weren't here
-for a God who sees me just as i am...today...and He likes me! even when i forget so much.
-for cell phones, and internet and calls from home (i just got a call from my mom- 'happy thanksgiving mom!')
-and i am so very thankful that we have been provided for in so many ways. i never wonder if we are going to eat, or how will we sleep, or what will we wear...it's all taken care of!
thank God for what He has done in your life today...let me know some too! it's so good to hear what He is doing in your lives...

3 comments:

ShaunTia said...

Hi Martha, I want to wish all of you guys a Happy Thanksgiving. Today, as I was going through the recipes that have been given to me, I thought of you. I actually made my very first Pumpkin Pie today thanks to the crust and pumpkin goo that was donated to me by Rachel. I just want you to know that I am thankful for you and the blessing that you have been in my life.
Love,
Tia

Anonymous said...

Remember the Thanksgiving we made all the homemade pies with Sharon Favazza???

I'm thankful for the Copeland Five!!

LOVE YA'LL

~Brooke

Anonymous said...

The Jansma's wish you a happy Thanksgiving too! We are thankful that Indonesia doesn't have Black Friday sales like they do here:) We are thankful for how your blog posts remind us that God wants to use us all in big and small ways. We love being a part of your team!

Happy Turkey Day!

Kevin, Kelly & Trey