Monday, July 28, 2008

Hijacked Blog

Hi! This is Brooke. I'm here in Indonesia visiting Greg and Martha and the kids. I taught with them back when they were here the first time. Now I'm just back visiting for a few weeks.
If you're anything like me, you get on this website at least once a day to see if Martha has updated her blog. If you're anything like me, you get sad when it hasn't been updated in a long time. If you're anything like me, you wonder, "what's going on over there? I haven't heard any fun stories in a long time!!!" If you're anything like me, you get way excited when there are new pictures to see and new adventures to read about.
As I was sitting here checking my email this morning, I decided to look at the blog and see if there was anything new. Nope! So, I've hijacked the blog so that all of you people can know what's been going on for the past couple of weeks.
Let's see . . . I got here on July 18th. It was SO good to see Martha again. I haven't seen her since the day they left the States (I live in Texas, but I was out in California visiting). My plane got in at 6:10, but for some reason, the information that Martha had said I was to get in at 4:30. She was a bit worried when I didn't arrive on that plane, but knew that's the way things go in Indonesia!! We had a nice ride home, talking and catching up. It's good to be with friends! That first week I was here was spent seeing old familiar faces and places. We went by my old house, which had been completely redone, it doesn't even look like the same place! And, right next door is a new "grocery store" that sells American food!!! It has everything from cereal to pasta sauce to refried beans (they are even the same refried beans that my granddad uses back in Texas to make his famous chalupas!!) We went to the school, which seems to have doubled in size since I taught there. We had some delicious martabak and sate! Delicious food that I ate WAY TOO MUCH of, but how could I not??
The kids went to day camp on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. On Friday, the boys came home with their faces painted as tigers. Their other 3 friends at school were tigers, too, because they wanted to be a "family." Too cute! I wish I had gotten pictures of this, but I forgot. Sorry!!
On Saturday, we went to a town about 1 1/2 hours away to an Italian restaurant called O-Solo-Mio. We went for Martha's birthday (no, you haven't missed her birthday, we celebrated early . . . it's Aug 6 . . .FYI) It was Greg's first driving experience outside of Salatiga. He did a GREAT job. It did take a little longer than usual, but I'm sure that's just because there was extra traffic on the road =)
My boyfriend came in to town on Friday (don't forget that this is Brooke writing, Martha does NOT have a boyfriend!!) and we're all leaving for Bali this afternoon. We found some good prices on airline tickets and a place to stay. So we're packing up and taking off for the week. Needless to say, you don't need to check back on the blog for at least the next 5 days. When we get back from Bali, I'll try to get some pictures put on here. Hopefully we'll have all kinds of fun stories about snorkling, shopping, playing on the beach, and other fun adventures!!!

2 comments:

Chrissy Padilla said...

Well done, Brooke!

Allensville said...

I had a dream last night about Brooke and Martha. Brooke brought Martha back to the States and you girls came to my house. Martha, you got mad because I wasn't keeping the house up. It was such a funny dream...:)